Computers & WiFi
All four GMIT Library campuses provide students with both access to computers and WiFi for research and study purposes.
All Libraries have WiFi access.
Students and staff of GMIT can connect to the WiFi using ‘Guest‘ or ‘eduroam‘ and login with their GMIT username and password.
eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community. eduroam allows students, researchers and staff from participating institutions to obtain Internet connectivity across campus and when visiting other participating institutions by simply opening their laptop. Read more.
- Visiting students from institutions participating in the eduroam service can use this service to connect.
- External members can request a wifi account.
- Guests visiting GMIT may obtain a temporary account
Library PCs are for study and research purposes only.
- Users are not permitted to create, store or transmit defamatory material, or material which infringes copyright or intellectual property rights, or discriminates in any way, or is offensive, obscene or abusive, or which contravenes the law of the state (in particular the Data Protection Act or the Child Trafficking and Pornography Act 1998). See GMIT Code of Student Conduct.
- Users are not permitted to make any unauthorized adjustments to any Library IT equipment, settings or software.
- Access to the internet is for research and educational purposes only.
- Please ensure you logout of PC’s when you are finished.