Reciprocal Affiliates: GMIT-NUIG
GMIT / NUIG Reciprocal Library Membership
All current GMIT staff and postgraduate students will be granted external user access to the NUI Galway, James Hardiman Library,which entitles them to:
- Access the James Hardiman Library at NUI Galway
- Borrow up to 6 items for 4 weeks which is equivalent to SCONUL Band A
- A ccess online library resources on a limited number of PCs located in the library
- To avail of this service you will have to apply 1 day in advance to GMIT library. GMIT will forward your details to NUIG and you can attend NUIG on the following day.
- Present yourself at the information desk in the James Hardiman library with your GMIT ID card. NUIG will then issue you with a NUIG ID card that will enable you to use the library.
- NUIG library rules and procedures will apply for NUIG material and it is important to point out that NUIG may charge for overdue fines etc.
- Please ensure you ask for information on their library policy.
- All items borrowed from NUIG will have to be returned by you by the due date. Lost items will have to be paid for.
This is a pilot project scheme providing reciprocal access for post graduate students and staff between the libraries of GMIT and NUIG.